[hobbit] Donation Link

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 16 21:51:18 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:12:11PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> I like to personally show my appreciation for making such an awesome
> tool, like 'Hoobit', available to public by GPL license.
>
> Hint: There is 'Donate to Hobbit Monitor' link from the hobbitmon.sf.net
> page.

Thanks - you were actually the first one to use that link :-)

I don't benefit directly from these donations, since I chose to donate
them to a couple of organisations whose work I sympathize with. And
the hassle of inter-continental money transfers just aren't worth the
trouble. I found it much more beneficial to send donations to a worthy
cause such as the EFF or FSF, so I'm grateful for your contribution.

If people do wish to show their gratitude directly, I have a wish list
over at amazon.co.uk (search for henrik at hswn.dk to find it). Several
of you have already sent me presents - those are much appreciated,
although I haven't yet had the time to read all of the books.

But the real reason I develop Hobbit is because it's fun - I get to
play with a lot of interesting tech stuff and there is a great
satisfaction in seeing your creation come to life the way it has these
past months. Releasing it with a GPL license is just a cunning scheme
to get more people to find bugs :-))