[hobbit] 'conn' history pages all showing red

Bruce Lysik blysik at shutterfly.com
Mon Mar 14 19:04:26 CET 2005

> > So I just noticed that if I click on the 'conn' monitor, and then
> >  the HISTORY button, all my hosts are showing red on that histogram.
> >  Yet everything is fine otherwise.  They aren't actually alerting,
> >  just the history page.
>
> I think you need to show us the image you're seeing.
>
> The histograms consist of the time-markers (showing the hours, or
> days, or months) and the color-bar. The time-markers can very well be
> red without there being a red stripe in the color-bar; that is just an
> indication that there was an outage e.g. in August, but it was too
> short to show up as a stripe on the color-bar. (That's what the
> "Min. duration shown" tells you).

The color bars on all my hosts are showing red since February 15th.  And the history list shows all my hosts going red since that date.  I wonder if that was the day I installed a new release.  But it's weird that only the ping check shows this behaviour.

I'll get a screenshot if that's not clear enough.

--
Bruce Z. Lysik  <blysik at shutterfly.com>
Operations Engineer