[hobbit] Acknowledge Alert in RC5

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 10 19:08:17 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:38:08AM -0500, Christopher T. Beers wrote:
> Seems IE browsers are not allowed to acknowledge alerts.  When I fill in
> the fields and press the button, a web page is returned that says
>
> Bad request!
> Your browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
>
> Error 400

I'm unable to reproduce this, and it seems it works OK for others as
well. The log snippet you included also shows that the request sent
from IE is identical to the one sent from Mozilla (at least as far as
the logged data is concerned).

Is it possible for you to run "snoop" to catch the IE request as sent
on the wire ? Something like

   snoop -s 1514 -r -o ie-ack.snoop host 128.230.4.95 and tcp port 80

should do it (the IP is the IP of your client running IE).

> Seems like the username is not passed in the log???

Maybe it's a security setting in IE that breaks it by not including
the authorization header ...