[hobbit] Log sizes

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Mar 6 18:01:34 CET 2005

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 11:41:46AM -0500, Kevin Hanrahan wrote:
> OK, but I thought I saw a reference in a past mail to something called
> pagesets. Is this something that I can use to build different views...say,
> for instance, an executive view to show critical apps that would take
> systems previously defined under other system-subsets and combine them for
> an overall application view? Is there info in the man pages?

Yes, the idea with pagesets is that you can group your hosts any way
you like - so that the view people have of the hosts is customized to
the way they work, instead of having a single view of all
hosts. E.g. where I work there is one view where we group servers by
customer - this is used by the people responsible for the customer
contact - and another view where the servers are grouped by OS - this
is used by our second-line support group.

Pagesets have existed for a long time, and are handled entirely by the
bbgen tool. There's a description of this in the bbgen man-page (look
for the "Building alternate pagesets" section.

--
Henrik Storner