[hobbit] bbmap

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Mar 3 23:46:23 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 23:20 -0600, McDonald, Dan wrote:
> >From: Kevin Hanrahan [mailto:Kevin at ewormhole.com]
> > Has anyone gotten BBMAP or any other kind of map overlay program to work
> >with Hobbit?
>
> Somewhat
>
> >The intructions for BBMAP are difficult to understand and rely
> >on BB path defs and It would be nice to have a map style view.  Thanks
>
> bug me to work on it some more in a couple of days and I'll try to get the
> remainder of the kinks worked out.  It takes considerable modification to
> get it to work with Hobbit.  I've also extended it tremendously to look at a
> toplogy table that I generate using bb-eigrp and bb-ospf.

Ok, I finally spent some quality time with bbmap...
Here are the changes to make it work with hobbit:

replace the files in the attached archive.  The files included are:
fullstatusreturn.pl - new file that uses the hobbit status command to
determine state.
initiate.php and initiatesubmap.php - fixed a bug in these files
($output spelled as $ouput once)
statusbbgen.sh - reconfigured to use hobbit-style bbgen parameters
status.php - generated new copy of hobbitserver.cfg instead of trying to
pass BBHOST as an environmental variable.
serialize.php - I don't remember what I changed, but it's got a recent
modification date, so I've probably done something.

Then:

change globalmap.cfg to point to the new fullstatusreturn.pl file
(instead of .sh)

; what is the script to test status (in case better test can be done)
statusreturn = /var/www/bbmap/fullstatusreturn.pl
; slower: statusreturn = /usr/local/bb/www/map2/statusreturn.sh
; script to generate the bb4 page with bbgen (need bbgen 2.5)
bbgen = /var/www/bbmap/statusbbgen.sh

copy /var/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg to ...bbmap/tmp/, and
remove the BBHOST= line in the copy.