dual hobbit system config question

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Thu Jan 27 16:21:50 CET 2005

I currently run two BBDisplay systems, with the second serving as a
BBNET and BBPAGER failover system. It also serves as a document server
and our computer room X server. We recover this system at our D/R
hotsite, and part of the recovery scripting in place doctors the
bb-hosts file on this and all other recovered systems to set this up as
the D/R BB system.

I see failover (as such) isn't in the initial cut of hobbit. What
problems am I setting myself up for if I allow the network tests to run
on both systems? I can handle the redundant paging by kludging my own
'fallover' script to rename my paging script on the fallover, but it
looks like network testing would be harder to fake out. (I've only got
about 200 devices I'm testing)

And I want both systems to have matching LARRD graphs :-) which is the
reason I set things up as is.

(We monitor connectivity to RF antennas used for bar-code scanning
applications and our motley assortment of oracle and SAP instances on a
mob of AIX systems).

TIA

Tom Kauffman