[hobbit] network test timeouts for hung TCP connects?

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Wed Jan 26 23:33:23 CET 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>All network tests done by Hobbit
>must timeout if the other end doesn't respond. The default timeout is
>10 seconds (set with the "--timeout=N" option to bbtest-net).

The problem is, the ports DO respond, you can telnet for example to port
25, and it connects...but the daemon does not respond...you can input
text you will get nothing back, and unless you ^], break, the telnet
session it will stay hung and connected indefinitely.  It's these sort
of hangs I'm hoping Hobbit can sense and timeout on.  Unfortunately the
only way for me to test it, is for a machine to lock up in that manner,
and although it happens every now and then, I cannot reproduce it at will.

-Charles