[hobbit] hobbit alerts

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jan 23 09:01:19 CET 2005

In <FDB040C62C7D26CA3B1E09CC at ctbeers-laptop.local> "Christopher T. Beers" <ctbeers at syr.edu> writes:

>--On January 22, 2005 11:03:41 PM +0100 Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk>
>wrote:

>| Alerts in the current betas are rather flaky, unless you happen to
>| set things up just the way I do.

>which is??  Would love to see a sanitized alerts cfg file.

It's not so much a question of how to setup the hobbit-alerts.cfg
file, but more of doing things in the right sequence; since the
current betas only trigger alerts when a status changes, you need the
alert configuration to be setup and hobbitd running before the status
goes red.

But since you asked, here's the alert config I use for the sites
shown on http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/

# Two routers I was monitoring for just ping.
HOST=router1.aab11.dk,router2.aab11.dk SERVICE=conn
        MAIL henrik-aab11 at hswn.dk REPEAT=60

# This is actually the most important rule to me. All hosts
# except the listed ones match this rule, and I get alerts
# for all services except "dnsinfo". red and yellow alerts
# repeat every 15 minutes, purple ones only once a day.
HOST=!pto.linuxbog.dk,!router1.aab11.dk,!router2.aab11.dk SERVICE=!dnsinfo
        MAIL henrik at hswn.dk REPEAT=15 RECOVERED COLORS=!purple
        MAIL henrik at hswn.dk REPEAT=1440 COLORS=purple

# And a simple rule for testing alerts via a script.
SERVICE=test
        SCRIPT /home/henrik/bbalert.sh henrik at hswn.dk RECOVERED