[hobbit] Report in Excel format

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jan 18 09:20:54 CET 2005

Hi Asif,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 07:42:47PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> Is it possible to add a feature to be able to create report in Excel
> format? My director was wondering if that is possible.

Reporting in native Excel format is out of the question - it's way too
complicated and proprietary a format.

I've had some requests for generating reports in CSV (comma-separated
values) format. That is one option; a more flexible solution would be
to export the report data in an XML format - since everybody seems to
be adopting XML as a universal data exchange format, I think that
would make the most sense.

Importing XML data into Excel should be simple, although I must
confess that I never touch Excel.

> Looking forward to migrate to hobbit when it releases.

It's getting closer.