[hobbit] disabled monitors showing purple occasionally on web ui

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Feb 27 12:02:39 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:36:08AM -0800, Bruce Lysik wrote:

> I've noticed this problem for a while now: Occasionally I see a host
>  showing on the monitor page which is all purple (minus the info and
>  trends column), and it disappears when hobbit regens the html.  This
>  host is always one which is disabled.

OK, I found out why - when a host was disabled, hobbit's "valid until"
timestamp for the statusreport was not being updated; so to bbgen it
appeared as if the status message was no longer valid, hence it would
show up purple.  This would actually trigger a status update so the
"valid until" timestamp was refreshed, and it would stay blue for
another 30 minutes.

Cute interaction between the hobbit daemon and bbgen.