[hobbit] disabled monitors showing purple occasionally on web ui

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 25 23:34:14 CET 2005

In <12C0877BF55C7748BDDB82BDBD3E66F1378AD6 at franklin.corp.shutterfly.com> "Bruce Lysik" <blysik at shutterfly.com> writes:

>I've noticed this problem for a while now: Occasionally I see a host
> showing on the monitor page which is all purple (minus the info and
> trends column), and it disappears when hobbit regens the html.  This
> host is always one which is disabled.

>This doesn't generate any pages, but is definitely confusing for
> anyone keeping an eye on the web gui.

I'll look into that. The purple handling is pretty gross, because BB
and Hobbit do it very differently (Hobbit handles it inside the
daemon, in BB it's done by the webpage update task sending status
updates).

If you click on one of these phantom purples to get the detailed
status page, is that one blue or purple ? Since no page-messages are
triggered, I suspect it's a problem with the way bbgen decides to
go purple (so I'd expect the detailed status to be blue).

>Note that I haven't applied the RC3 patch yet, so apologies if this
> is a resolved bug.

I'd suggest waiting until Sunday - RC3 was pretty bad, so I'll send
out an RC4 patch during the week-end. Just to get everyone running the
same baseline after all the patches that have been flying around this
past week.