[hobbit] alerts

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at nandomedia.com
Thu Feb 24 22:21:47 CET 2005

kevin grady wrote:

> Is their functionality in hobbit to do alert escalation? I read
> through the man page and nothing jumps out as a method to do this. I
> ask because we have a small 4 man rotation of oncall personal and I'd
> like to setup all alerts to go the primary oncall contact and if no
> acknowledgement has been made in X amount of time, send out an alert
> to the group. That way everyone keeps their pagers on, but only the
> primary receives the first alert. Any assistance is appreciated.

Something like this may get you started.  I'm not using the
acknowledgement feature that others have discussed so I'd hate to give
you bad advice.

HOST=$HOSTGROUP SERVICE=cpu
MAIL oncall at domain.com COLOR=red
MAIL group at domain.com COLOR=red DURATION>4h

For any host in the host group, if the CPU alerts red, the oncall guy is
notified.  If it is still red after 4 hours, everyone else is alerted.

Tom