[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0 RC3

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 24 00:02:49 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:18:39PM +0100, Frédéric Mangeant wrote:
> The main problem is that I can't disable a host using maint.pl: it just does
> nothing, and I get this in my Apache error_log :
>
> maint.pl: Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /BB/hobbit/cgi-secure/maint.pl line 550., referer:
> http://xx.xx.xx.xx/hobbit/

Others have reported the same, but it appears to be dependant on the
Perl version or configuration that is used. However, since this
particular bit of the maint.pl script is essentially "dead code" (it
was a preparation for some new feature in the Big Brother bbd daemon
which - as far as I know - was never implemented), I've ripped it out
now and that should hopefully take care of this problem.

> > * The info-pages now list the Hobbit alert configuration.
>
> With this paging rule :
>
> HOST=foo SERVICE=* REPEAT=24h TIME=W:0900:1800 DURATION>5m SCRIPT
> /tmp/alert.sh FORMAT=TEXT
>
> I get this in the "Recipient" case : "FORMAT=TEXT"

It's a bug in RC-3. Should be fixed now.

> Another small problem : I'm running bbgen with the option "
> --infoupdate=300", and get this warning under the "bbgen" column :
>
> Error output:
> Unknown option : --infoupdate=300

Both the --info and --info-update options are gone. I forgot to delete
them from the man-page, thanks for noticing.

If you want the info-column pages updated more frequently, change the
setting for the bb-infocolumn task in server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg