[hobbit] Problems with custom RRD graphs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 17 12:30:45 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:11:11PM +1300, Andy France wrote:

[success story]

Congrats - it's nice to know this mechanism works. Doing it in my "lab
setup" is often very different than what goes on in real life.

> My remaining problem is that after colecting a few data points, I still
> have no graphs on the test pages or the trends page.  I'm off to bed now
> and will re-check tomorrow morning.  But if you know of anything else I may
> have missed please let me know!  Should bb-hostsvc.sh pick it up
> automagically?

No, there are a couple of tweaks you must do for that to happen.

The LARRDS and GRAPHS settings in etc/hobbitserver.cfg must be told
about this new graph.

If the column-name for your custom test is "xyz", then you just add
"xyz" to the LARRDS setting - when bb-hostsvc.cgi then builds the
status display, it will know to include the graph on the webpage.

If you want the graph also to appear on the "trends" page with all the
other graphs, you must also add it to the GRAPHS setting.

In either case, you of course have to setup hobbitgraph.cfg with the
RRDtool definitions for this new graph, so it knows how to generate
the graph from your data.