online manpages

Anonymous anonymous at example.com
Tue Feb 15 20:56:23 CET 2005

Greetings again,

   Just noticed that out of the box, I was unable to view many of the
online man pages, getting a misleading "permission denied" while
trying.  I'm using apache to serve up the pages.

   This occurs because by default, apache associates the cgi-script
handler with any filename containing ".cgi".  I fixed this on my server
by changing the following line in my httpd.conf

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi     ->to->    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi$

   This forces the match to only occur if the ".cgi" is at the end of
the filename (duh) :)

   Might consider renaming the filenames in the release, so this isn't
an issue?

Cheers,

...Steve...