[hobbit] Ext tests/scripts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 14 22:59:19 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 04:15:00PM -0500, Kevin.Hanrahan at novainfo.com wrote:
> We have several custom tests we use from our BB server to check
> applications. In BB it was possible to add these into the /ext directory and
> then call them from /etc/bb-bbexttab. Is there a provision for this type of
> thing in Hobbit?

Set them up as tasks in hobbitlaunch.cfg .

NB: The environment variables provided by Hobbit to a script is not
quite the same as that which BB provides. Some BB extensions use
environment variables for some commands, e.g $GREP instead of grep.
Hobbit does not set this up by default, so you should check what
your scripts expect, and if necessary add the extra environment
variables to hobbitserver.cfg (or change the script).