[hobbit] Apache tag

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Sun Feb 6 06:48:07 CET 2005

    PERFORMANCE MONITORING TESTS

apache[=URL]
    If you are running an Apache webserver, adding this tag makes
    /bbtest-net
    <http://192.168.0.103/hobbit/help/manpages/man1/bbtest-net.1.html>(1)/
    collect performance statistics from the Apache webserver by querying
    the URL *http://IP.ADDRESS.OF.HOST/server-status?auto*. The response
    is sent as a data-report and processed by the Hobbit hobbitd_larrd
    module into an RRD file and an "apache" graph. If your webserver
    requires e.g. authentication, or runs on a different URL for the
    server-status, you can provide the full URL needed to fetch the
    server-status page, e.g.
    *apache=http://LOGIN:PASSWORD@10.0.0.1/server-status?auto* for a
    password protected server-status page, or
    *apache=http://10.0.0.1:8080/apache/server-status?auto* for a server
    listening on port 8080 and with a different path to the
    server-status page.

    Note that you need to enable the server-status URL in your Apache
    configuration. The following configuration is needed:

        <Location /server-status>
            SetHandler server-status
            Order deny,allow
            Deny from all
            allow from 127.0.0.1
        </Location>
        ExtendedStatus On

    Change "127.0.0.1" to the IP-address of the server that runs your
    network tests.