[hobbit] integrate hobbit with trouble ticket system?

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Sat Dec 31 04:18:16 CET 2005

Asif Iqbal wrote:

>I know Charles Jones--member of this community--integrated Bigbrother with RT.
>He may explain you more. Also there was another person who integrated nagios with RT.
>
>You may be able to search the RT mail archive through google to get
>specifics
>
>On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 10:20:07AM, Marco Avvisano wrote:
>

>>Anyone have integrated hobbit with trouble system ?
>>
>>I'm tryng Request Tracker, it seems a good tool
>>
>>http://www.bestpractical.com/products.html

Greetings Asif :-)

Marco,

Yes I wrote a "scrip" (what RT calls filters or plugins) that would
parse emails from bigbrother and automatically open a ticket in RT.
When BigBrother sent a recovery message, the scrip would auto-resolve
the ticket as well.  This allows a tech to claim a ticket and comment on
it etc. This also enabled us to automatically trend how many BB tickets
were created and resolved over time, using RT and in-house tools.

If you are interested in the scrip I can dig it up and post it.  It's
written in Perl using the RT API, it shouldn't be too difficult to
modify it for use with hobbit.

-Charles