Msgs - No log data available

Costa, Todd (DMH) Todd.Costa at state.ma.us
Thu Dec 29 17:34:36 CET 2005

Hello Hob-sters,

I have been testing my Hobbit server [4.1.2p1] for a number of weeks now.
Its working great so far with my test criteria. I am wondering how do I fix
the service "msgs" that continues to stay clear on my hobbit server. The
status message is reporting the following: "No log data available; The
client did not report any logfile data." All other tests are working.

I am not certain if my platform is the issue but I am running Debian 3.1
(stable) and I have used the server 4.1.2pl1 .deb package from sourceforge.
Do I need the hobbitclient .deb to fix this? Its not a huge issue but it is
something I am trying to figure out. Its probably really simple to resolve
but I just haven't found it. Sooo...

Here's what I have looked at:

Looking at the hobbitlaunch.cfg, the hobbitserver.cfg and hobbitclient.sh I
can see and follow the scripts with the resulting tests to a file called
msg.txt file created in $BBHOME/TMP but its not getting back to the hobbit
display that is showing clear. ie: no log data...

I have noticed a runclient.sh in the client folder but don't see where its
launched or referenced in the cfg files at this point. Would this be the
piece I am missing in my configuration? It appears to be producing the data
but its not going to the display. So any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for responding to my questions.

PS. I did send this email earlier but I did not get an email response from
the list server indicating a post. So here it is again.

Todd Costa
Commonwealth of Massachusetts