[hobbit] RE : [hobbit] Big Bro TO Hobbit

Smith, Jim JMSmith at stvincenthealth.com
Mon Dec 19 15:58:21 CET 2005

Thanks!

________________________________

From: FIGARO Nicolas [mailto:nfigaro at effigie.fr]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 8:43 AM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] RE : [hobbit] Big Bro TO Hobbit

there is a difference between the big brother and the hobbit rrd directory structure.

so :
- backup your rrd files
- run the moverrd.sh script attached with this mail (it was shipped with some versions of hobbit).
- if it still doesn't work, try a rrdtool dump from solaris, then moverrd. sh (you have to patch the moverrd.sh to move the generated xmls), then rrdtool restore.

you'll probably have to dump/restore if you're using different rrdtools (different versions).

I found a moverrdxml.sh, which should include the xml move and rrd restore.
take a look at this one as it may help also.

Nicolas Figaro