[hobbit] Big Bro TO Hobbit

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Dec 19 15:34:40 CET 2005

1.  Don't do it.
2.  If you must, first verify all RRDTool functionality is present.  I
attempted
the same procedure about a year ago and I could not get RRDTool
1.x working on AIX because of some oddball problem with the shared
objects and the perl module.
3.  Finally, to answer your question, yes, you need to dump the RRDTool

databases to XML (use rrddump) and copy the resulting files over to
your AIX box then use rrdrestore to get them into the format for AIX.

Paul

>>> JMSmith at stvincenthealth.com 12/19/05 9:27 AM >>>
Greetings!

I'm upgrading from Big Brother to Hobbit after over 3 years on the old
beast.  The problem I'm having is moving the 'rrd' files from Solaris
AIX.  It isn't just the naming convention...the file structure itself
is
apparently different.  Has anyone done this or do I have to over-heat
my
brain trying to figure it out myself?  <grin>

This is probably a question for the the 'rrdtool' folks, but since
many
people have upgrade from BB to Hobbit I thought this might be a good
place to start.

Thanks!

Jim Smith
Unix Systems Administrator
St. Vincent Health Systems
Little Rock, AR

NOTICE: This email contains confidential or proprietary information
which may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named
recipient(s). If an addressing error has misdirected the email, please
notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy,
print or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your
computer system.