[hobbit] Client interval question

Scott Walters scott at PacketPushers.com
Thu Dec 15 20:45:30 CET 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Tracy J. Di Marco White wrote:

> Everyone really needs to consider what all the effects are of
> the frequency of the monitoring.

I understand a more frequent sampling period is an easy sell, but I don't
think it is a valid one when the rubber meets the road.

Plus, I try and make sure all technical decisions have a business reason.

I dislike technology and its advocates that try and drive the business.
I guess I've gotten old and 'kewl' is no longer good enough ;)

Businessmen don't think in terms of technology.  It's our job as
professionals to make technology help the business.  If we cannot clearly
articulate how technology (or architecture changes) can help the business,
it probably won't.

Unfortunately, mailing lists are not the best forum for these discussions.

--
Scott Walters
-PacketPusher