[hobbit] alert questions.

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Dec 12 11:15:55 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 09:12:22AM +0100, Thomas wrote:

> What are the different color codes and letters i.e. (R,S) for alerts on
> the info page ?

The "(R)" for a recipient means that he also gets the "Recovered"
notices.

The "(S)" means this recipient is a "Stop" recipient, i.e. you have
used the STOP keyword for this recipient. So if an alert is sent to
this recipient, none of the recipient below will get one.

> Why will my normal macro config not work ie $NEWHOSTS=host1,host2 but
> $NEWHOSTS=%(host1|host2) works ?

Both should work. Could you try each of the configs and run
"bbcmd hobbitd_alert --dump-config" ? That will show how your
macros are expanded.

> HOST=$NEWHOSTS EXSERVICE=trends

Just FYI, the "trends" column can never trigger an alert since it is
always green. In fact, it doesn't exist as a real status as far as
Hobbit is concerned.

> Should I upgrade to a newer version ? i have tested the rules with
> 4.1.2p1 from Nov 24.

That is the latest release.