need help

Longina Przybyszewska longina at imada.sdu.dk
Tue Dec 6 14:24:28 CET 2005

hi,
I am new to Hobbit and very glad for it, however after several days
trial still have some annoying problems.
I would like to get some tips on debugging div. processes as
problems obviously are related to the differences between computers
(hobbit installation was identical within family).

1.
some Linux clients not reporting data.
Clients are identical Linux MAndrakes (ok: suppose to be identical) - and
some of them are not reporting to the server as there were not client
processes running.
Display page shows only green diamonds for conn, info, trends - and "-"
for other.
I can't find any help in log files neither at server nor at client.
At client in hobbitclient.log a lot of lines:
  "error parsing /proc/net/snmp: Success
  "TERM environment variable not set."
The same lines however are  on succesful clients!

2.
"Client data" link is missing for some hobbit clients (sparc/Solaris8,9)

3.
"History" link  for sparc clients says "Cannot open history file".
hobbitd_history is running.
Again, no help from log files.

4.
I would be able to send sms in case of serious problems -
what basic software should I have to manage that?

Thanks in advance for help

Longina
--
Longina Przybyszewska, system programmer
Dept. of Math. & Comp. Sci. - IMADA

tel: +45 6550 2359 - http://www.imada.sdu.dk         email: longina at imada.sdu.dk