[hobbit] Status Changes Question

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 1 17:25:18 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:10:25AM -0500, PNIXON at ci.somerville.ma.us wrote:

>  However, if the status goes red, and then during the next cycle of the
> script, it goes green, HobbitServer changes the status to green, even though
> the red was sent with status+30
>
>  Ideally the behavior I'm looking for is....
>
>  Time		Status
>  0		Green
>  15		Red
>  30		Green	(Hobbit ignores this because it was red for only 15
> minutes, not 30 minutes)
>  45		Green (Hobbit changes the test status to Green now, because
> it's been 30 minutes).
>

> If it doesn't make sense, please send follow up questions so I can flesh it
> out some more.

It's just not the way Hobbit (or BB, for that matter) works. The latest
status received is always the current one - sending a status with "+30"
only indicates that an update must be received within 30 minutes. It
doesn't mean that this status is valid for 30 minutes no matter what
else is received.

>From my point of view, sending a "green" for a status that is down
is broken. Either send another "red", or don't send anything at all.