hobbit 4.1.1 - client ownership question

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:41:35 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I just installed on a Linux (sles9) testbox using the 'rpm
-rebuild'-option on Hobbit 4.1.1 from a src-distro. I don't know if I
should perform this option as root or as user hobbit?  I tried both
and finally decided to only use the root-made-version. Is there a
better way using the already available config-file in the src-distro
where you can change the ownership of the apache run-user from apache
to wwwrun (sles9)?

Anyway, the ownership of the client-directory tmp (~hobbit/client/tmp)
is default root:root which makes it impossible for the client to write
the needed data. Changing to hobbit:hobbit makes the client run
smoothly.

But what is the way to install the client on several hosts?

Or am I asking the already answered question? If so, sorry,

Peter