[hobbit] Suggestion for Procs ext script

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 10 22:18:20 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 03:54:36PM +1000, Allan wrote:

> Moving further forward on alot of our stuff one of the things we dont
> have is something that will monitor all the processes on the CPU tab.
>
> On a side note I THINK the new hobbit client lists the processes
> (looking at what comes up on the demo site but cant be 100%) so maybe
> I'll see if I can steal (errrm borrow :p) a line or two from there.

Both the old BB client and the Hobbit client can call the "top" utility
to put a list of the most active processes on the cpu display, if that
is what you're after.

Apart from that, the Hobbit client is reasonably flexible - if you
prefer some *other* info to be present on the cpu page, you can just
have the hobbitclient-OS.sh script include it inside the "[top]" section
of the output file it generates, and it will show up on your cpu-status
automatically.