[hobbit] client msgs column

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Wed Aug 10 01:20:01 CEST 2005

I know the msgs function of the hobbit client is not implemented or at
least not fully implemented.  I have installed the bb-msgs.sh as an
external script along with what other files it needs to run.
Regardless, it toggle between clear and green every 5 minutes.  Is the
server doing some processing on the msgs column over-writing my green
status?  Here is what my config looks like:

[msgs]
        ENVFILE /export/home/nmsbb/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD /export/home/nmsbb/client/ext/bb-msgs.sh
        LOGFILE /export/home/nmsbb/client/logs/bb-msgs.log
        INTERVAL 5m

# For the msgs check
DOMSGS="FALSE"
NOMSGSCOLOR="clear"
BBMSGSTAB="$BBHOME/etc/bb-msgstab"
CHKMSGLEN="FALSE"
IGNMSGS=""
MSGEXPIRE="30:60"
MSGFILE="/var/log/messages"
MSGS="NOTICE WARNING"
PAGEMSG="NOTICE"
REDMSGSLINES="20"
YELLOWMSGSLINES="10"

I was hoping DOMSGS="FALSE" would turn off anything the client might be
doing in favor of my external bb-msgs.sh.  Any help?

~David