Antwort: Re: [hobbit] 4.0.3rc1 download // another question host info page

cits.bogajewski at daimlerchrysler.com cits.bogajewski at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Apr 29 11:17:29 CEST 2005

Henrik,

Thank you first of all.

Still pleased of using hobbit, so we begun to monitor some server from our
productive environment..

> Make sure you have SECURECGIBINURL defined in your hobbitserver.cfg.

Yea, this was a problem. I had used the old cfg file..

> It's how long alerts are being sent after the initial first alert
> message.

Hm, strange, it seems that sometimes it works, sometimes not. So it seems
also that hobbit proceed the configuration correctly, but in some cases
the display is simply wrong at info page.

E.g. this line is configured in my hobbit-alerts.cfg

HOST=myhost SERVICE=disk REPEAT=5 TIME=12345:0600:2300 DURATION<15

Repeat is 5, right? But on the info page of myhost is "Repeat: 30m".
However, if I test this config by shutting down myhost, i get exact 2
mails.

Last but not least, is there are anything new on the client front guys? I
am begging for unix clients with the functionality to execute custom
scripts, like bb clients it does. Would be very, very highly appreciated!
:)

Greetings..

Anatoli Bogajewski

p.s. hope that notes send in plaintext..

henrik at hswn.dk
27.04.2005 22:04
Bitte antworten an
hobbit at hswn.dk

An
hobbit at hswn.dk
Kopie

Thema
Re: [hobbit] 4.0.3rc1 download // another question host info page

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:41:45PM +0200,
cits.bogajewski at daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> Trying to disable a service from the Info page of a host i got error
404:
> page not found. The url used is "http://myhost/hobbit-enadis.sh".
> Shouldn't be "http://myhost/hobbit-seccgi/hobbit-enadis.sh" ?

Make sure you have SECURECGIBINURL defined in your hobbitserver.cfg.
This was added in the 4.0.3rc1 release, and "make install" should add
it to your configuration. See the hobbitd/etcfiles/hobbitserver.cfg
how it should be defined (it's the relative URL for the hobbit-seccgi
web directory).

> At the same info page of a host  there are alerting summary.
>
> what is "Stop After" stand for? I suppose something according to
> "duration" option , but seems to be anything else, since configuring
> something for duration does not affect anything there..

It's how long alerts are being sent after the initial first alert
message. E.g. if I define an alert like

    HOST=www.foo.com
           MAIL henrik at hswn.dk DURATION>10m DURATION<4h

then "Stop After" should be 4 hours and I only get alerts for the
first 4 hours of downtime.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk