[hobbit] Comments wanted - OK to drop BB support in Hobbit ?

Thu Apr 21 14:22:30 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 13:20 +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> So what do you say - can I drop the BB support and focus entirely on
> a pure Hobbit environment?

Well, I don't see any problem with this, but I would like to see
bbclient compatibility remain. I don't think hobbit yet has the right
amount of client tests to be able to ignore what BB has. ie, even just
the standard BB client works better than the current hobbit version (not
that I've tried it, since you keep telling us it doesn't work)... but
add to that all the stuff on www.deadcat.net, and, well... you know,
thats a lot to try and replicate...

> It's still something I decide, but I would appreciate your input. If I
> do decide to drop BB support in Hobbit, I will wrap it up with a bbgen
> 3.6 release to close that down nicely.

That'd be nice :)

To be honest, I wonder if the quest version of BB is actually
selling/successful... ie, are there still loads of new BB users
sprouting up, or is it just old BTF license users who are
using/maintaining old BB installations.... We haven't seen any BTF
releases, and I've not seen anything anywhere to indicate that there
have been any commercial updates/changes either.

Regards,
Adam