[hobbit] HPUX Hobbit Client Issue

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Apr 15 22:18:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 06:28:37PM +0200, cits.bogajewski at daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> while looking out for a good infrastructure monitoring solution i
> noticed the new hobbit. It seems to be a good approach for that what
> i am needs.

Glad to hear that :-)

> However, as far as i am noticed, there is no client software, except
> those found at sourceforge, but i cant compile this stuff on my HPUX
> machines.  Is there probably a way known by someone? Any tips? If
> not, is there a plan to develop client software for another
> platforms such HPUX or WINTEL?

The plan is definitely to develop client software to support the major
Unix variants (*BSD, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, possible AIX - these are
the ones I need to support myself).

A Windows client is a rather different beast. It would definitely be
very useful, but I haven't done any real programming in the Windows
environment for almost 10 years, so it's not something that I would
just do.

Developing a Unix client is "only" a matter of getting enough free
time to actually do it. Right now, the focus is on the server side
since that really needs to be in place before working on clients makes
any sense.

>  I have to use BB clients at the moment, but i would prefer to use
> some kind of GPL software..

We're working on it.