acknowledgment for a yellow alert doesn't seem to work

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Wed Apr 6 21:32:29 CEST 2005

Figures, just as I'm about to host a session to show off Hobbit to the
support team and roll it out into production, I hit a situation that has
me scratching my head.

I've got an add on script, bb-memory, that is monitoring the memory on
my linux clients and on one system it is in the yellow state at the
moment.  A Hobbit alert was generated, it was sent to the appropriate
email address, yada yada yada.

When I try to use the ack code from the subject line to acknowledge the
alert, it doesn't work.  Doesn't show up in ~/data/acks/acklog or on the
web page, and using "!xxxxxx" doesn't have any effect either.  Within
the same hour, I had a red alert from a different host (disk usage) and
I was able to acknowledge it successfully.  Thought I'd be clever and
clean up just enough to make it turn yellow, which it did, and was able
to ack the yellow alert as well.  SO it didn't have anything to do with
color states.

Using hobbit 4.0, with the following patches from the list:

bbnet-iponly.patch
hobbit-4.0.1-diskhistlog.patch
eventlog-crash.patch
post-4.0-includes.patch