[hobbit] A few hobbit problems

Schwimmer, Eric E *HS EES2Y at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Apr 4 15:21:00 CEST 2005

Works like a champ!  Thanks!

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From:	Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent:	Mon 4/4/2005 1:49 AM
To:	hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject:	Re: [hobbit] A few hobbit problems
On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 06:20:53PM -0400, Schwimmer, Eric E *HS wrote:

> >Could you try getting the call trace from the core file ? Assuming
> >the core file is in the current directory, you should do this:
> >
> >    $ gdb /usr/local/hobbit/server/bin/bb-eventlog.cgi core
> >    [messages from gdb]
> >    gdb> bt
> >
> >The output from the "bt" command would be very helpful in narrowing
> >down the problem.
>
> Below is the output from gdb

Thanks, that pin-pointed the problem nicely. Your eventlog has an
entry from a host that is not in the bb-hosts file; these are ignored
by the normal eventlog shown on the bb2 page, but the CGI script tried
to include them with fatal consequences.

I've attached a patch to fix this. To apply, save the patch to
/tmp/eventlog-crash.patch, then

  cd hobbit-4.0.1
  patch -p0 </tmp/eventlog-crash.patch
  make