A few hobbit problems

Schwimmer, Eric E *HS EES2Y at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Sun Apr 3 22:53:28 CEST 2005

Hi all,

We're in the process of migrating from BB to hobbit, and, for the most part,
the process has been quick and painless (hobbit seems to be handling our
800+ hosts much better than BB did).

We're seeing a few oddities, though;  my apoligies if someone else has already pointed these out, I've only been on the list since earlier today and don't know how to search the archives.

1. We see the occaisional yellow message from bbtest:
  Error output:
  dns_queue_run deadlock - loops=260

During this problem, ~70 seconds get added to our "Test setup" phase as
reported by bb-test.  This only happens once or twice an hour so far, so its not a showstopper.  We are using the --dns=ip option when calling the bbtest-net binary from hobbitlaunch.

2. The bb-eventlog.sh script dumps core.  I've run it successfully in the
  past, but at some point, as we added more hosts to our bb-hosts file, it
  began to fail.  Calling it from the command line:

  % setenv QUERY_STRING 'MAXTIME=140&MAXCOUNT=&Send=View+log'
  % /usr/local/hobbit/bb-eventlog.sh
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

TIA,
-Eric Schwimmer