Mutiple tests for the same webpage but on diferent hosts (cluster) with bbgen

Werner Michels (Ext Lists) wmlist_ext at terra.com.br
Sat Apr 2 00:29:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

	We have a cluster (3 machines) working in a cluster environment. I can access the http server of every machine directly, but normally al requests come trougth a VIP (load balancer). For information, the tree machines use named virtual hosting of sites.

	What I need to do is, have the same site (let say www.somesite.com) tested on the tree distinct machines.

	My install is Redhat based with BB 1.9e + bbgen version 2.15

	Reading the bb-hosts man page I have added the following to bb-hosts, but the result is not as expected.

10.10.0.200 member1-www2.somesite.com     # NAME:"10.10.0.200" http://www2.somesite.com=10.10.0.200/test.htm
10.10.0.201 member2-www2.somesite.com     # NAME:"10.10.0.201" http://www2.somesite.com=10.10.0.201/test.htm
10.10.0.202 member3-www2.somesite.com     # NAME:"10.10.0.202" http://www2.somesite.com=10.10.0.202/test.htm

	The result (seen on tcpdump'ing the http connections) is that BB+bbgen test 3 times the first of these tree hosts (10.10.0.200)

	Can someone point me out what I'm doing wrong?

	I would that the web test where done against every one of these tree servers, always using the "Host" tag on the HTTP request as "www2.somesite.com"

	Thanks in advance for any help.

	Regards
	Werner