[Xymon] Is this thing on? SUMMARY UPDATE and POC

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat Jan 27 01:29:56 CET 2024

As an update:

The 4.4 release is still pending pcre2 work, unfortunately, which is going
to be a requirement for getting things re-added into distributions. That
one is still without ETA.

There's also a crashing bug that's been reported in F38 and F39 (and
rawhide) which prevents xymond_client processing that I've been trying to
track down. The latter, and the several other submitted patches, will be
the 4.3.31 release. I've been waiting for the GCC 14 drop in Rawhide to
test against as well to ensure we don't have new issues introduced there
at the same time. I don't *think* they're related, but after so long since
the last release on the stable branch, I don't want that to be a source of
more instability.

Finally, although using system libraries is strongly preferred, c-ares is
still an included build, and it's been going through a rapid 1.20->1.26
release cycle since the start of October while they fix various reported
issues.

WRT the mailing list, mailman3 is (finally!) fully available on EL9 --
including the web interface needed for signups -- so hoping to complete
the transition to the new server shortly. Just has been a very busy last
two weeks.

Regards,
-jc