[Xymon] analysis.cfg regular expression

Neil Simmonds Neil.Simmonds at studio.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 11:50:42 CET 2024

I thought I'd add an update in case this helps anyone else.

The file name matching was the main issue and actually should have been obvious as the line above in the analysis.cfg file for this server was also a LOG line and user double slashes in the path

This is what I ended up with and it works perfectly so it was the log selection not the search string that was the issue (I did fix the unprintable character issue as well of course).

LOG "%D:\\Weblogs\\W3SVC\d{1,5}\\u_ex\d+\_x.log" "%(?:\S+\s+){11}403\b" COLOR=yellow