[Xymon] How to retrieve the global state of Xymon?

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Sun Feb 18 05:30:29 CET 2024

It's also possible to get the colour from the <TITLE> tag in the <HEAD>
section. The colour is shown immediately after <TITLE>. This is how the old
BBTray tool finds the colour to display in the Windows system tray. I'd
recommend using Tom's technique, but there's a chance your ESP-based client
might (for some reason?) find it easier to parse <TITLE> rather than <BODY>.

In case it wasn't clear, the overall Xymon status is reflected in the
colour of (and tagged within) the main page ("/index.html" or "/") as well
as the non-green page ("/nongreen.html"). If you only want the colour, then
fetching one of these pages and parsing out the colour from the TITLE or
BODY tags is going to be the simplest way.