[Xymon] ubuntu client tests data apt and libs

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 11:04:14 CET 2024

On 01/02/2024 00:13, Dito wrote:

> It's about tests that were there before and now they are no longer
> there, so they are purple on the display page. The older server was
> reporting 2 tests that I presumed came from the xymon client "apt" and
> "libs".
> Those tests are no longer reporting, Where did they come from? And can I
> resume them on the new server?

On a regular ubuntu/debian install, they'd be provided by the
hobbit-plugins deb package (i.e. "apt-get install hobbit-plugins"). That
package provides a number of client scripts that you'll find at e.g.

/usr/lib/xymon/client/ext/apt
/usr/lib/xymon/client/ext/libs

I'd start by just running those scripts manually to see if they work as
expected or not.

The tests will then be configured to run periodically under xymon-client
in the config files:

/etc/xymon/clientlaunch.d/apt.cfg
/etc/xymon/clientlaunch.d/libs.cfg

The default config shipped with the hobbit-plugins deb package is (I
think) to enable those tests: check they're not "DISABLED", and look in
the "LOGFILE" files referred to in those cfg files to see if there's
anything useful.

Adam