noconn & purple status

damien at makelofine.org damien at makelofine.org
Thu Apr 25 11:46:27 CEST 2024

Hi there,

While setting some hosts with noconn tag (intermitently online), I faced
a behavior that seems not optimal.
Some of the tests were not running correctly, but their status stayed
white (hence not propagated to non-green page), keeping me ignorant of
this issue.
I'd like these device tests to be considered online or offline all
together.

E.g: when CPU test status is green|yellow|red, the other tests are
expected to report a status as well. If not, they should be purple.

I hope my explanations are clear.

My questions:
-does anyone know how to configure Xymon to behave this way?
-if not, does any of your have any idea how to achieve this?
-if not, may I expect a change in future (if any) Xymon release?

Regards,
Damien