[Xymon] Port Check on a Server

bb at buglecreek.com bb at buglecreek.com
Mon Apr 22 14:44:39 CEST 2024

Hello,

I have a system that is running a rsyslog server on a non standard port and is an appliance. I need to check that the several ports are up and listening, however I can not install a client on the system.

The test would need to be initiated from the xymon server.  I assume I need a custom script, can someone point me in the right direction for this.  Heres nmap output.  Preferably I'd like to check if the port 443, 517,8001, 8002,and 80003 are all open.  If any of those are not open, go red.

PORT     STATE  SERVICE
22/tcp   closed ssh
443/tcp  open   https
517/tcp  open   XXXX