[Xymon] Fwd: Re. Is this thing on?

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat Sep 30 05:08:47 CEST 2023

On Fri, September 29, 2023 00:46, Bruno Manzoni wrote:
> Hi.
> Seem that Ye-Fee is unable to email to the mailing list?
> *Can you check that if there is a problem ( I think Henrik) ?*
>
> By to way, I remember that we have to migrate to another service.
>
> *What about: https://mailman3.com/ which is free for opensource ?*
> (comment to do or not to do are welcome!)
> *Can someone take the job ? *
> Thing to do:
> - Ask malman3 if possible to have a freemailing list
> - The we can see how to do it! (That will need for sure to contact
> Henrik), but I can help also.

I was considering this as well. Given that the existing list is run on
mailman, keeping it with that will make migration easier I presume. The
mail archives for this are a pretty important resource for self-help, IMO,
so we'd want those to still be accessible -- ideally with the same URL.

I've seen a few ads out there for Mailman list hosting, but I'm not sure
if there's a clear favorite or open source standard out of the bunch. Of
course, it's still just a mail app, so self-hosting on a VM is a
reasonable solution going forward.

I suppose this is really up to Henrik :) as to what he wants to do with
the lists.xymon.com subdomain, and shuttling mail archives around. I'd be
willing to host it, but more administrative diversity is also important to
the future health of any project.

-jc