[Xymon] svcstatus.cgi

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Fri Sep 29 10:40:43 CEST 2023

Hi Christoph,

Müller Christoph schrieb am Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 06:42:01AM +0000:
> I hope you can give a hint.
> Xymonserver (4.30-3.el9) is installed on an alma Linux Server an running fine.
> There is an output in /var/log/messages every 5 minutes which looks like this:
> "kernel: traps: svcstatus.cgi[3519701] general protection fault ip:411288 sp:7ffcbdd46878 error:0 in svcstatus.cgi[402000+23000]"
>
> Any ideas where to start my investigations?

Just very generic ones:

* Enable core dumps.

* On the next GPF, investigate the core dump with gdb (The GNU
  Debugger), especially create a backtrace with "bt". Chances are that
  you find it somewhere under /var/crash/ or in /var/lib/xymon/ or
  /run/xymon/.

* You might need additional debug symbols for getting a useful
  backtrace. They're either in debuginfo RPMs which need to be
  installed for analysis, too. (There's also the possibility that
  AlmaLinux offers an debuginfo server, see
  https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/how-debuginfod-project-evolved-2021,
  where a client can automatically download the required debuginfo
  based on build-ids, not packages.)

* The less pure jump addresses and the more function names show up,
  the more useful is the backtrace for the developers (or yourself).

* Either try to find the place in source code where the crash happens
  or send the backtrace to this list.

See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces for some more details.
(I assume that most what applies to Fedora also applies to AlmaLinux.)

		Regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: abe at deuxchevaux.org  \ /  Gegen HTML in E-Mails und Usenet