[Xymon] Update on 4.4 (Alpha1 release)

nor krie norkrie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 22:59:56 CEST 2023

These are excellent news, JC!

I'm about to discuss Xymon as the central monitoring solution with a new
customer, and the PoC was almost cancelled as the project seems to be dead
from their standpoint. In these days something looks insecure and outdated
very fast even if the framework is quite mature and stable and much more
flexible as a lot of other, feature overloaded solutions imho.
Especially the announcement of encrypted communication will help a lot for
the discussion with customer. I'm looking forward for the 4.4. beta and
will compile and implement it immediately at my test envs once it is
available.

I wonder if xymonton is still the only (and preferred) place to add custom
extension scripts and howtos? It also looks quite silent but I can add
several addons and some hints for customization for the GUI and so on,
based on my experience with dozens of implementations (up to 20k servers).

Keep the momentum and thx for the great work!

Norbert