[Xymon] Off topic

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Oct 17 16:43:08 CEST 2023

On 10/16/23 11:57 PM, Jeremy Laidman wrote:
> Oh dear. I'm glad you enjoy that sort of thing. I suppose if the
> expectations aren't high, then you can always exceed expectations. Do
> you happen to program in COBOL? ;-)

Well, as for expectations, the systems are only expected to do today
what they were expected to do when they were installed.

Mostly it's an inventory / materials management application that was
written for a platform that the vendor has migrated off of.  Or the
customers don't want to pay to migrate to the new platform.  So we are
being paid to continue running the old platform as it's doing exactly
what it's designed to do.

I assume you meant it as a joke, but I have done just enough COBOL to
complete Master the Mainframe training a few years ago.  As a norm I
don't do anything with COBOL.  ;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die