[Xymon] Xymon Server on RHEL9

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Tue Oct 10 02:30:07 CEST 2023

We just installed the ntpdate package, so the original NTPDATE and
NTPDATEOPTS settings work just fine. This is on a slightly older RHEL
release to you, so not sure if ntpdate is available from your repos, but
worth a try.

I don't know how the ntp test determines a good result from a bad, but it
might be looking for a string in the ntpdate output that isn't there in the
chronyc output.

Is there anything in xymond.log? The NTP probe is done by xymonnet so you
might be able to run it manually and trace it with strace, to see what it's
doing.