[Xymon] Xymon social media presences

Bruno Manzoni bruno.manzoni at ubi-network.ch
Wed Oct 4 15:36:34 CEST 2023

Hi Axel,
I send you a Github invite to be a member of the POC, as myself and JC
(and everyone is invited)
JC and I are currently owner with full access, you will be a member for
now, but if you thing you need more let me know!
*Could you please put your info into:
https://github.com/xymon-monitoring/problem-solving/issues/9 (Social
Media improvement)*
- *The way you like! but try to be as short as possible (less is more)*.
The document (an issue) try to collect ideas/problems and solutions on a
subject: so more ideas and solutions are better, "why some are good and
other no so?" is a matter of discussion but to compare solution, the
current admins need:
- To fix a goal
- To define prerequisites if any.
- Then to compare solutions
- And finally to decide/choose the best solution
As so far, it seems to me that there is not any goal fixed, an
evaluation cannot be wrong : it depends... so your evaluation is
valuable like any other: so do not hesitate to put it! And of course,
this can be adjusted if wrong or not applicable when the context is
clearer: so just do not hesitate to write what you want!
For your info you will find in this document(issue) the elements of JC
that I just dropped into it. I just strip as much as I can without
striping the main info , I try not to bother JC: he has already much
think to do: so I try to do things for him, and I can do that also for
others in some case, but the idea is to have something collaborative,
better than a mailing list, especially for follow subject.
- I choose Github issue
   - As it can be edited directly by any member
   - So anyone can correct anything that is wrong: like my English (I do
a lot of mistake in English, as it is not my language, so sorry for
that) , or any more technical stuff or Xymon things,...
   - If you want to correct something but you are not sure:
strike-through  the text (like "~~text~~") that you want to replace and
add the one you want.
   - Github issues have an history: (click on edited) so it should not
be a problem to revert a mistake (but I did not play much with this
feature): and it is a POC. so no problem in any case!
Let me know if there is a problem! I will certainly need to fix
something (in the form, the content, the way to collaborate ...)
Everyone do what he can: no problem if you don't do anything for this
POC: and I know this is not the most exciting part of a project...
So thanks you in any case
Regards
Bruno