[Xymon] Update on 4.4 (Alpha1 release)

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Oct 4 05:12:32 CEST 2023

On Tue, October 3, 2023 13:06, Tom Schmidt wrote:

> J.C. and 4.4-alpha1 testers,
>     I have done a little bit of testing of 4.4-alpha1 on Rocky Linux 8.8
> (server and client) and on a busybox Linux install on a NAS.  I looked
> into
> the gcc 8.5.0 compiler warnings that I got on Rocky Linux, and have
> corrected them, or silenced the ones that should not be an issue.
> Attached
> are two context diff patch files, one to fix the compiler warnings, and
> one
> to make a couple updates that I had applied to 4.3.30 previously.  My
> updates fix the busybox Linux client build, and enhance the temperature
> graph to optionally display both Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.
>
>     I have not fully tested 4.4-alpha1 yet, but wanted to get these first
> patches released for 4.4-alpha2.
>
> Tom Schmidt

Thanks for the patches!

Yes, the build errors had been a concern for me as well; determining which
sections were protected by correct math and which weren't was going to
take some time, and this is quite helpful.

I've created a 4.3.31 branch for similar concerns and many of these are
just as applicable there. There's also a corruption bug on some loads that
is crashing on F28 (and F29), so that release will probably just be build
fixes for the stable tree.

Regards,
-jc