[Xymon] Need client for Mac hosts

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Dec 16 20:23:30 CET 2023

On 12/14/23 01:23, I/O Network Administration wrote:
> Anyone have a modern xymon-client script or app that will run on Mac?
> I'm aware of the macport method, but that's a large footprint and heavy
> handed solution to the simple need of collecting performance data and
> uploading it to the Server.

I've had decent luck using the OS specific shell script on an old AIX
system -- which I can't get the client compiled on -- and passing that
data plus a text header to the Xymon daemon / proxy.  It works for most
things and covers my minimal use cases.

I suspect that you could do similar with MacOS.

--
Grant. . . .