[Xymon] SSL/TLS cert monitoring

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 05:31:32 CEST 2023

Hi all

Appreciate the responses, but I have more than 1 problem I am trying to
solve.
1. I need to monitor the certs on a few web sites. That's pretty easy, and
works out of the box.
2. I need to monitor the certs on a few web sites that are only reachable
through the proxy. Not sure how to do that.
3. I have a few certs local to my client that I need to keep an eye on too.
But these are used by applications, and are not related to a web page, so
effectively I need to to keep tabs on /foo/bar/cert

Was looking for some guidance on 2.
And a magic bullet for 3. :-D

I could code something up to do item 3, but I was really hoping there would
already be something that somebody could share.
I used to code Xymon tests for breakfast back when The Dead Sea was only
Somewhat Unwell. See here. https://wiki.xymonton.org/doku.php/monitors
But I am a bit rusty these days, and thought I'd lean on the community a
little.

If I can't, I guess it's back to coding again. :-)

Regards
Vernon